The word diet tends to conjure images of measly salads and bland flavors. I think it’s time we changed this misconception. My first example of delicious “diet” food is the loaded cauliflower casserole, which has a much lower carb content than it’s cousin the loaded baked potato casserole. This recipe is flavor packed, but also quick to make on a busy weeknight (only 30 minutes).
Servings: 3 Calories per serving: 336 Flavor: Delicious
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower (frozen)
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream (full or low fat)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 5 green onions fully chopped
- 6 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease medium glass baking dish
- Thaw frozen broccoli in the microwave, let cool then chop into pieces
- Mix sour cream, 1/2 of the green onions, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon, all the cauliflower and salt and pepper to taste in glass baking dish.
- Place remaining bacon, cheese, and green onions on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Forget you’re on a diet and eat the whole dish